Policy: Appliance Rules, Smoking, & Open Flames
The electrical systems in campus housing are not designed to carry heavy loads of electrical equipment, so students should use only 1 plug per receptacle.
- Due to fire danger, hot plates or any open coil appliances are not allowed.
- Only 1 refrigerator and 1 microwave are allowed in each room. Refrigerators may not exceed 4 cubic feet.
- Roommates should coordinate to ensure that only 1 of each of these appliances is moved into the room.
- The University House suites will have a refrigerator and microwave already furnished. Students living in those suites are responsible for the cleanliness and defrosting of appliances.
- Smoking is not permitted on campus.
- Candles, incense, halogen lights, and flammable lamps are prohibited due to danger of high heat, dripping wax or open flame.