OC's Student Finanical Services staff recommend you start searching for outside scholarships your junior year in high school. The following list has been complied to aid in your search...
- Free Scholarship Searches page - this link provides more than 40 free, online search sites listing thousands of scholarships and financial aid awards worth billions of dollars. Just visit the sites which seem most appropriate for you and find the scholarships for which you are a good match.
- The Faith & Education Scholarship is $5000 award that seeks to meet the goals and the vision of having a scholarship to help members of the churches of Christ finance their college education.
FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free and Oklahoma Christian University is a proud FastWeb member school.
The Financial Aid Information Page provides links to sources of information about student financial aid. It is maintained by Mark Kantrowitz, author of The Prentice Hall Guide to Scholarships and Fellowships for Math and Science Students , as a service to students and universities. www.finaid.org
@theU has many resources and financial aid opportunities. They offer student and college related content and a Campus Store where you can buy the things you need and earn Unibucks to pay down current or future student loans. www.attheu.co
- University of Central Oklahoma Army ROTC Program - This site will give you more information on the ROTC program at UCO. This program offers scholarships to eligible candidates.
- Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP) - OHLAP awards scholarships to students whose families meet certain income requirements and who have demonstrated a commitment to academic success in high school.
- Fedmoney.org - Scholarship lists and informational books on multi-cultural awards.
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Program
- Gates Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship
- www.jackierobinson.org - Scholarships for minority youths.
- www.occf.org - A list of awards for students living in central Oklahoma.
- www.goarmy.com - Need money for college? Up for some adventure? Explore your options in the US Army.
2. Financial Aid Blog
- The financial aid blog is filled with current information about outside scholarship opportunities. Please visit the blog and click on outside scholarships to see the latest information about scholarship opportunities, deadlines, applications, ect...
3. Local Non-profit Organizations
Some examples include:
- Rotary Club
4. Veteran's Programs
Assistance is available to veterans who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces for more than 6 months of active duty. Students should check with their regional Veterans Administration office. Disabled veterans are handled on a separate program by the VA. To assist disabled veterans in receiving additional benefits, the Veterans Administration has set up a program of counseling. Children of veterans may be eligible for some benefits. Students should check with the VA office to determine if they qualify as a war orphan or as a child of a veteran. You may call 1-800-827-1000 at any time if you have questions
5. Bureau of Indian Affairs Grants
6. Vocational Rehabilitation Programs
- Vocational rehabilitation assistance is available to qualified applicants.
- High school counselors should be contacted for the address of local vocational
Military Education Scholarship – Bi-yearly scholarships awarded to Military/ROTC students and those with military family ties, from VA Mortgage Center.com.
8. Federal Student Aid Information Center - Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)