Administrative Assistant, Fine and Performing Arts
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission, emphasizing authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and consent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Administrative Assistant, Fine, and Performing Arts. The position reports to the Divisional Chair but works closely with Program Chairs in the Departments of Art & Design and Music.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Perform general administrative assistant duties, including answering the telephone, greeting and directing office visitors appropriately, sort and distributing mail.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assist in maintaining databases by collecting and recording student enrollment, course progression, graduation, and other data for inclusion in annual surveys and reports.
- As directed, maintain general correspondence, minutes and agendas, forms, and charts for faculty in the Department of Art & Design and the Department of Music.
- Coordinate/facilitate communications between Human Resources, the Chief Academic Officer, and potential adjunct instructors.
- Schedule classrooms in the Colleague program for each course, and make necessary changes.
- Coordinate facility reservations and usage for Art and Music activities. Consult with the Events Office as needed.
- Submit check requests, petty cash accounting, and budgeting paperwork for Art & Design and Music. Assist with monitoring budget activity.
- Provide supervision and submit timesheets for student workers.
- Help coordinate fundraising activities for the Department of Music.
- Create, maintain, and print Department of Music recital and concert programs. Administer email list for event publicity.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and possess time management skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong computer experience. Possess a comfort level with the Google suite of productivity tools (GoogleDocs, GoogleCalendar, working with shared files, etc.). Intermediate experience in the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel) and a working knowledge of financial reporting tools will be beneficial.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend events may be required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious, educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and support the Christian mission of the University.