B.S. Degree in Public Communication and Leadership
34 hours Communication and Leadership Core
COMM 2003 Effective Leadership
COMM 2513 Communication Theory
COMM 3003 Family Communication
COMM 3233 Managing Social Media
COMM 3243 Planning, Organizing and Leading Events
COMM 3323 Organizational Communication
COMM 3333 Team Communication and Leadership
COMM 3353 Interpersonal Communication
COMM 4631 Senior Communication Seminar
COMM 4733 Communication Ethics
COMM 4113 Persuasion and Advocacy
COMM 4523 Conflict Resolution
6 hours Electives
COMM 1311 Communication Practicum
COMM 2613 Media, Faith and Culture
COMM 3113 Business and Professional Communication
COMM 3413 Argumentation and Debate
COMM 4831 Communication Internship
3 hours Law
BUSA 2313 Business Law
COMM 4713 Media Law
Minor chosen from one of the following specialty areas:
- Political Science
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Communication with Leadership emphasis will:
- Learn a variety of theories related to communication and leadership and how to apply those theories in praxis.
- Learn a variety of communicative skills, leadership skills, and techniques for the management of interpersonal relations, group leadership, and social media.
- Explore ethical approaches to communication leadership from a Christian faith perspective.
- Learn ethical persuasive techniques grounded in Christian faith to help them become skillful advocates for important social issues.
- Learn how to plan, host, and conduct public forums for issues of public importance and controversial issues.
- Learn peacemaking and conflict management skills.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.