8 hours Basic Music Theory:
- MUSC-1023 Fundamentals of Music Theory
- MUSC-1112 Music Theory I
- MUSC-1211 Ear Training II
- MUSC-1212 Music Theory II
3 hours Music Appreciation or Music History chosen from:
- MUSC-2013 Music Appreciation
- MUSC-3323 Music History I: Ancient through Renaissance
- MUSC-3333 Music History II: Baroque through Classical
- MUSC-3343 Music History III: Romantic and Contemporary
5-7 hours Ensemble Performance and Applied Study to be chosen from:
- 1300-1500 level courses, at least 2 hours must be applied instruction
0-2 hours class piano. The following two courses must be taken unless piano skills from pre-college study are deemed sufficient by the piano faculty.
- MUSC-1581 Class Piano I
- MUSC-1681 Class Piano II
Must enroll in MUSC-1000 and earn a grade of "C" or better at least three semesters.