B.S.M.E. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering will:
- Adapt and grow in both technical and professional excellence throughout their career, exhibiting continuous learning and advancement.
- Earn increasing levels of leadership and technical responsibility in the workplace, exhibiting the highest standards of ethical and professional integrity.
- Embody the Christian worldview and pursue a balanced life of scholarship, leadership, and service.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
21 Hours mathematics
- ENGR-1113 Engineering Mathematics
- ENGR-3023 Engineering Probability & Statistics
- MATH-2114 Calculus I with Analytical Geometry
- MATH-2214 Calculus II with Analytical Geometry
- MATH-2314 Calculus III
- MATH-3013 Differential Equations
11 Hours science
- CHEM-1313 General Chemistry for Engineers
- PHYS-2514 Physics I
- PHYS-2614 Physics II
2-3 Hours programming required
- CMSC-1113 Programming I
- ENGR-1132 Procedural Programming
18 Hours engineering science
- ENGR-1252 Introduction to Solid Modeling
- ENGR-2313 Statics
- ENGR-2433 Thermodynamics I
- ENGR-2523 Dynamics
- ENGR-2533 Strength of Materials
- ENGR-2623 ME Instrumentation
- ENGR-3311 Experimental Mechanics
36 Hours mechanical engineering
- MECH-3403 Engineering Materials
- MECH-3443 Fluid Mechanics
- MECH-3453 Thermodynamics II
- MECH-3613 Manufacturing Processes
- MECH-3813 Mechatronics
- MECH-4133 Dynamic Systems and Controls
- MECH-4213 Machine Design
- MECH-4243 Heat Transfer
- MECH-4311 Thermal-Fluids Laboratory
- MECH-4732 Systems Design I
- MECH-4743 Systems Design II
- MECH-4753 Systems Design III
6 Hours technical electives chosen from
- MECH-4113 Partial Differential Equations
- MECH-4143 Finite Difference Methods
- MECH-4153 Principles of Additive Manufacturing
- MECH-4313 Aerodynamic Design
- MECH-4623 Advanced Engineering Materials
Note: Certain upper-division electrical engineering courses may be substituted for the MECH electives with the permission of the instructor and the student’s advisor.