B.B.A. Degree in Marketing Management with Advertising Emphasis
The Marketing Management program prepares students for traditional marketing, promotion, sales, sales management, and marketing research responsibilities. This specialization develops skills for the recognition and analysis of marketing problems, both from the organizational and external market perspectives.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will:
- Gain competency in the foundational areas of business.
- Understand the importance of ethics, values, morals, and social responsibility and relate them to the Christian worldview.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work effectively in a global context.
- Develop professional and persuasive communication skills.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1 Hour introduction to business chosen from
- BUSA-1111 Business Orientation
- BUSA-1211 Introduction to Business
12 Hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 Accounting Principles II
- ECON-2113 Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 Microeconomic Principles
6 Hours math
- MATH-1223 Mathematical Functions and Modeling
- MATH-2913 Statistical Methods
3 Hours English
- ENGL-3493 Technical Writing
21 Hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 Business Law
- BUSA-3713 Business Ethics
- COMM-3113 Business and Professional Communication
- FINC-3313 Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 International Business
- MGMT-3113 Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 Principles of Marketing
3 Hours capstone
- MGMT-4613 Strategic Management
6 Hours required specialized
- INFO-3613 Management Information Systems
- MGMT-3513 Digital Marketing
12 Hours of specialized required
- MKTG-3413 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG-3713 Sales Management and the Sales Process
- MKTG-4513 Marketing Research
- MKTG-4613 Marketing Management
3 Hours marketing communication
- COMM-2113 Writing for Media
9 Hours electives chosen from
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- COMM-3733 Media Marketing and Sales
- INFO-3113 Principles of Electronic Business
- MKTG-4313 Promotional Strategies
- MKTG-4993 Internship in Marketing