B.A. Degree in Performing Arts Management
The Performing Arts Management major at OC will introduce students to the fundamentals of managing, marketing, and fundraising for community arts organizations. Students can tailor their degree program to pursue a particular artistic interest or capitalize on existing talents and skills.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Performing Arts Management will demonstrate:
- Critically minded, ethical management skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-initiative, especially toward the creation of arts-based projects.
- An understanding of community engagement and promotional strategies.
- Basic skills in a foreign language.
- Elementary application of consumer analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of artistic principles and performance.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
Minor required, plus 6 hours of same foreign language
12 Hours common foundation
- COMM-2823 Public Relations Principles
- ENGL-3493 Technical Writing
MGMT-3133 Principles of Management
MKTG-3313 Principles of Marketing
6 Hours restricted electives chosen from
COMM-3113 Business and Professional Communication
COMM-3543 Public Relations Case Studies
MGMT-3323 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
MGMT-3533 Issues in Management
MKTG-3413 Consumer Behavior
MKTG-4313 Promotional Strategies
18 Hours concentration area
Choose 18 hours in one area as approved by your advisor
6 Hours same foreign language
Take 6 hours of Spanish, Japanese, French, or German