B.S. Degree in Political Science
The degree provides an academic program for those students interested in learning about the institutions, laws, and public policies of local, national, and global governance. It encompasses a broad theoretical and substantive survey of governance institutions, laws, and public policies.
Students will be prepared for entry-level public service careers, law school, and many graduate programs in public policy, political science, public administration, and political management.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of American and global political systems and actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of political science and knowledge of basic social science research techniques, as part of Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking through effective written and oral communication.
- Be able to apply Christian ethics to life situations.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours. Minor required.
9 Hours survey
- POLS-2113 Introduction to American Government
- POLS-2213 Introduction to Global Politics
- POLS-2413 Comparative Politics
3 Hours legal studies chosen from
- POLS-3313 Legal and Legislative Analysis
- POLS-4113 Constitutional Law
9 Hours 3000/4000 level global or comparative politics
9 Hours 3000/4000 level American politics
9 Hours research
- Courses must be passed with a grade of C or better.
- POLS-2313 Research Skills in Political Science
- POLS-2513 Data Analysis
- POLS-4713 Political Science Seminar
6 Hours elective political science or 3 hours political science and 3 hours macroeconomics
May include an internship