B.A. Degree in History
Minor required, plus 6 hours of same foreign language
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of American, European, and public history.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of history and knowledge of basic research techniques, the use of documents, and the handling of evidence, as part of a Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking through effective communication of independent research.
- Be able to apply Christian ethics to life situations.
- Have an increased understanding of people of different cultures, times, and places.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
6 Hours western civilization
- HIST-2923 Perspectives in Western Civilization
- Any European history course
6 Hours American history
- HIST-2213 History of the U.S. to 1877
- HIST-2223 History of the U.S. Since 1877
9 Hours research
- Courses must be passed with a grade of C or better
- HIST-2123 Introduction to Historical Research
- HIST-2813 Data Analysis
- HIST-4733 Senior History Seminar
3 Hours public history
- HIST-2723 Introduction to Public History
15 Hours 3000/4000 level courses
3 Hours history electives
6 Hours in the same foreign language