B.F.A. Degree in Gaming & Animation
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Gaming and Animation prepares students to use emerging media for the purpose of game design, self-expression, and experimentation.
Gaming and Animation students will have a grasp of industry-level skills and artistic techniques including texturing, uv mapping, animating and rigging 3D models, game level design, 2D animation techniques, audio production, and interactive design.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Gaming and Animation will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, creative expression, and independent thought.
- Demonstrate effective visual problem solving skills.
- Produce an organized, coherent body of work and critically defend it.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of art/design history, genres, movements, and practitioners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of faith in his or her personal creative expression.
- Analyze and respond to personal experience, professional standards, ethics, and global perspectives.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate peer and professional work in his or her discipline.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
24 Hours foundation
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 Figure Drawing
- ARTS-1413 Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-2133 Intro to Game Technology
- ARTS-2143 Digital Painting
- ARTS-2523 Digital Sculpting
- ARTS 2753 Texturing, Rendering, and Lighting
12 Hours art and design history
- ARTS-2423 History of Photography and Motion Pictures
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3353 Contemporary Art
- ARTS-3393 Game History and Development
33 Hours gaming and animation
- ARTS-2243 Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2743 3D Modeling I
- ARTS-3163 Animation Principles
- ARTS-3173 3D Modeling and Animation II
- ARTS-3363 Photography I
- ARTS-3383 Motion Imagery
- ARTS-3423 History of Animation
- ARTS-3453 Team Game Production I
- ARTS-4223 Gaming and Animation Studio
- ARTS-4333 Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4663 Gaming + Animation Capstone
3 Hours management
- MGMT-3323 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management