B.A. Degree in Gaming and Animation
Plus 6 hours of same foreign language
This major is for the person wanting a general background in art or a vocation in the field of art and its related industries.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Gaming and Animation will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, creative expression, and independent thought.
- Demonstrate effective visual problem solving skills.
- Produce an organized, coherent body of work and critically defend it.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of art/design history, genres, movements, and practitioners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of faith in his or her personal creative expression.
- Analyze and respond to personal experience, professional standards, ethics, and global perspectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate peer and professional work in his or her discipline.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
18 Hours foundation
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 Figure Drawing
- ARTS-2143 Digital Painting
- ARTS 2753 Texturing, Rendering, and Lighting
- ARTS-3363 Photography I
6 Hours art and design history
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3393 Game History and Development
27 Hours gaming and animation
- ARTS-2133 Intro to Game Technology
- ARTS-2743 3D Modeling I
- ARTS-3163 Animation Principles
- ARTS-3173 3D Modeling and Animation II
- ARTS-3383 Motion Imagery
- ARTS-3453 Team Game Production I
- ARTS-4223 Gaming and Animation Studio
- ARTS-4333 Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4663 Gaming + Animation Capstone
6 Hours foreign language
- Take 6 hours of the same foreign language