B.S. Degree in Mass Communication, Electronic Media - Creative Media
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication Electronic Media-Creative Media (Content Creation) will:
- Have been encouraged to sustain or adopt a Christian worldview characterized by participation in a Christian community.
- Have been encouraged to balance career, family, church, and community successfully.
- Be familiar with the appropriate theories of communication.
- Have developed the appropriate writing styles and skills expected by future employers or graduate programs.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of research and be able to interpret research findings.
- Understand the ethics of communication.
- Be able to pursue successfully a career as an independent video producer or as a member of a media team in a corporation or be able to pursue successfully graduate studies.
- Operate within legal frameworks and guidelines of media.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
10 Hours mass communication foundation
- COMM-2613 Media, Faith, and Culture
- COMM-4631 Senior Seminar in Communication
- COMM-4713 Media Law
- COMM-4723 Media Ethics
5 Hours experience:
You must take COMM-1371 or COMM-3371 each semester after completing COMM-1211. After satisfying the major requirement, additional practicum hours will count toward the 126 hours required for the degree. Internships may be substituted for two of these hours.
35 Hours creative media required
- COMM-1211 Intro to Electronic Media
- COMM-2643 Media Production
- COMM-2723 Scriptwriting for TV and Movies
- COMM-3343 Campaigns
- COMM-3371 Advanced Workshop
- COMM-3633 Audio for Media
- COMM-3653 Field Production and Editing
- COMM-3703 Motion Graphics
- COMM-3723 Interviewing
- COMM-3733 Media Marketing & Sales
- COMM-4123 Electronic News Producing (May Sub COMM-3453)
- COMM-4513 Administrative Aspects of Electronic Media
- COMM-4763 Advanced Media Production
6 Hours art required
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- COMM-3143 Basics of Visual Communication Design