Second Major in Missions
This second major in Missions, provides an acquaintance with the biblical text and the necessary auxiliary studies to allow special preparation for mission work.
An OC graduate with any degree and a second major in Missions will:
- Communicate biblical truths effectively to people from cultural backgrounds different from their own.
- Identify cultural similarities and differences and the impact these have on service to others.
- Explain how New Testament Christianity functions in different cultural contexts through gaining experience in campaigns, mission internships and, in some cases, overseas study opportunities.
- Articulate/explain the role of the church in God’s plan of salvation.
9 Hours required
- BIBL-3063 Evangelism and Discipleship
- MISS-3513 World Religions
- MISS-3613 Cultural Anthropology
3 Hours chosen from
- MISS-3213 Church Growth
- MISS-3313 Cross Cultural Ministry
6 Hours missions electives chosen from
- MISS-3003 Vocational Ministry
- MISS-3013 Mission Preparation
- MISS-3033 Biblical Missions Methods
- MISS-3113 Women in Missions
- MISS-3153 Urban Ministry
- MISS-3673 New Religious Movements
- MISS-4113 The Local Church and Missions
- MISS-4633 Intercultural Communication I
- MISS-4743 International Social Entrepreneurship
- MISS-4813 Missions Experience
Any course offered in the College of Biblical Studies that hasn’t been previously taken.