B.A. Degree in Bible
This is a basic program for those preparing for religious service.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible will:
- Organize biblical content chronologically and thematically.
- Exegete (analyze) biblical texts in a contextually informed manner.
- Organize and present biblical material in a contemporary and relevant manner.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
Minor required, plus 6 additional hours in biblical languages.
18 Hours Bible
- BIBL-2713 Introduction to Ministry
- BIBL-3013 Hermeneutics
- BIBL-3203 Biblical Exegesis
- BIBL-3823 Counseling for Ministers
- BIBL-3913 Homiletics I: Preparation and Delivery of Religious Speeches
- BIBL-4753 Seminar in Christian Ministry
2-3 Hours evangelism
- BIBL-2512 Personal Evangelism
- BIBL-3063 Evangelism and Discipleship
9 Hours minimum Old Testament textual courses
12 Hours minimum New Testament textual courses
3 Hours required non-textual Bible
- BIBL-4713 Restoration Movement
3 Hours other non-textual Bible courses
6 Hours, biblical Languages
A student must take 6 hours of Greek or 6 hours of Hebrew in addition to the above requirements for the B.A. degree.
- GREK-1113 Elementary Greek I
- GREK-1213 Elementary Greek II
- HBRW-3113 Elementary Hebrew I
- HBRW-3213 Elementary Hebrew II (May also count as Old Testament textual)