B.A. Degree in Bible and Ministry
Plus 6 additional hours in biblical languages
The degree prepares students for the work of a local minister and lays a foundation for graduate studies. It is also the recommended degree for those who have not yet defined a specific area of ministry. An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible and Ministry will:
- Organize biblical content chronologically and thematically.
- Exegete (analyze) biblical texts in a contextually informed manner.
- Organize and present biblical material in a contemporary and relevant manner.
- Communicate the content and message of scripture by means of teaching and preaching.
- Implement/exercise essential ministry skills such as counseling and relating to people.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
21 Hours Bible
- BIBL-2713 Introduction to Ministry
- BIBL-3013 Hermeneutics
- BIBL-3203 Biblical Exegesis
- BIBL-3823 Counseling for Ministers
- BIBL-3913 Homiletics I: Preparation and Delivery of Religious Speeches
- BIBL-4753 Seminar in Christian Ministry
- BIBL-4763 Homiletics II: Advanced Homiletics
2-3 Hours evangelism
- BIBL-2512 Personal Evangelism
- BIBL-3063 Evangelism and Discipleship
3 Hours chosen
- BIBL-3253 Teaching the Bible
- BIBL-4213 Teaching the Bible to Adolescents
9 Hours Old Testament textual
12 Hours New Testament textual
6 Hours elective textual courses
3 Hours required non-textual
- BIBL-4713 Restoration Movement
9 Hours other non-textual
3 Hours practicum
- BIBL-4803 Ministry Practicum
12 Hours biblical languages
A student must take 12 hours of Greek or 6 hours of Greek and 6 hours of Hebrew in addition to the above degree requirements for the B.A. in Bible and Ministry.
- GREK-1113 Elementary Greek I
- GREK-1213 Elementary Greek II
- GREK-2113 Intermediate Greek I (May also count as New Testament textual)
- GREK-2213 Intermediate Greek II (May also count as New Testament textual)
- HBRW-1113 Elementary Hebrew I
- HBRW-1213 Elementary Hebrew II (May also count as Old Testament textual)
A student must take 6 hours of any foreign language in addition to the above requirements for the BA degree in Children’s Ministry.