B.B.A. Degree in Accounting
Students following this program are prepared for entry-level positions in public, private, or governmental accounting. Educational requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination currently vary among states. All students sitting for the CPA exam in the State of Oklahoma are required to have 150 hours of college credit, including 36 hours of upper-level accounting courses.
You may fulfill this requirement by enrolling in the MAcc or MBA program during the last semester of your senior year or taking additional undergraduate hours.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will:
- Gain competency in the foundational areas of business.
- Understand the importance of ethics, values, morals, and social responsibility and relate them to the Christian worldview.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work effectively in a global context.
- Develop professional and persuasive communication skills.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1 Hour introduction to business chosen from
- BUSA-1111 Business Orientation
- BUSA-1211 Introduction to Business
13 Hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 Accounting Principles II
- ECON-2113 Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 Microeconomic Principles
6 Hours math
- MATH-1223 Mathematical Functions and Modeling
- MATH-2913 Statistical Methods
21 Hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 Business Law
- BUSA-3713 Business Ethics
- COMM-3113 Business and Professional Communication
- FINC-3313 Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 International Business
- MGMT-3113 Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 Principles of Marketing
3 Hours capstone
- MGMT-4613 Strategic Management
21 Hours specialized
- ACCT-3113 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT-3213 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT-3413 Income Taxation
- ACCT-3513 Advanced Federal Taxation
- ACCT-4113 Advanced Accounting I
- ACCT-4413 Auditing
- ACCT-4513 Financial Accounting Statement Analysis
6 Hours specialized chosen from
- ACCT-3713 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT-4213 Advanced Accounting II
- ACCT-4313 Advanced Cost Accounting
- ACCT-4423 Ethics and Auditing Concepts
3 Hours required
- ACCT-3313 Cost Accounting