Along with our usual Graduate School of Theology admission requirements, international applicants must complete the following and submit these international admission requirements and forms to OC’s Office of International Programs to be considered for admission:
- An official English proficiency score (required for applicants whose first language is not English). OC accepts the following English proficiency tests and minimum scores: a 550
pBTor 79 iBT on the TOEFL, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or a 750 on the TOEIC. Applicants who are unable to submit a minimum English proficiency test score may gain English proficiency by studying in OC's ESL classes. For more information about ESL classes see www.OC.edu/ESL or email Dr. Gail Nash at email@example.com.
- Financial documentation as required by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and Oklahoma Christian. International students must complete the Graduate School of Theology Financial Worksheet to be considered for admission. The Financial Worksheet must be accompanied by
official, original bank statements or letters, showing proof of funds available for one full year of support. This is required by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and OC. An Affidavit of Support is required in the case of third party funding of support. A Dependent Data Form is used to declare any dependents an international student may have.
- Official transcripts must be submitted from each college or university attended. All transcripts and all official documents issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by an official English translation. An official foreign credential evaluation (an original Comprehensive Course-by-Course Evaluation) must be submitted
fromWorld Educational Services. Requirement instructions can be found here. For more information regarding the preferred credential evaluation service, contact the Graduate School of Theology or the Office of International Programs.
- Visa status and SEVIS transfer release form (for international students applying from within the U.S.). International students must provide a copy of their passport page, 1-94 card (front and back), visa page and copies of all I-20s to the Office of International Programs. International students transferring from another U.S. educational institution must complete the SEVIS transfer release form.
- All international students must read and sign a Graduate School of Theology statement of understanding. Read this form carefully to understand the expectations of an international student at OC.
- International students and their dependents are required to have adequate medical insurance. Upon enrollment, students will be placed on the university’s health insurance policy at the student's expense. International students must complete the immunization and health forms before enrolling in classes.
- Once admitted, international students must maintain full-time enrollment (at least nine credit hours) as required by U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services to maintain student status.
To begin the international admissions process, please contact any of our International Admissions Counselors or call the International Student Office at 405.425.5475 to schedule an appointment. OC’s Office of International Programs is located on campus in Gaylord Hall.