Graduate School of Human Sciences
To be considered for admission to OC’s Graduate School of Human Sciences, you must have a completed bachelor’s degree (or are about to complete a bachelor’s degree) from a regionally accredited university with a 2.75 cumulative GPA. From there, you will need to do the following:
- Complete an online application (https://admissions.oc.edu/apply) .
- Submit official transcripts from any college or university that has granted you a degree.
- Write an essay describing your personal and professional goals and the reasons you want to pursue a masters degree with the Graduate School of Human Sciences at Oklahoma Christian University. This essay should be no more than two pages, double-spaced.
- Have three individuals submit a recommendation on your behalf.
- Submit an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements may be admitted on probation. The details of probationary admission will be communicated to the student and may include an additional writing assignment through OC's Writing Center or the writing assessment portion of the GRE, a meeting with the M.S.H.S. Program Director, and/or completion of one semester of graduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All applicants may submit their application materials through their application status page (created automatically when an online application is submitted), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Oklahoma Christian University
PO Box 11000
Oklahoma City, OK. 73146-1100
Please note that official transcripts must be mailed in their original, sealed envelopes or sent via secure electronic transmission from the originating institution.
The Graduate School of Human Sciences does not currently accept international applicants to study in the Marriage & Family Therapy program or the Family Life Education program. These master's degree programs require students to study in online classes, and U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services does not allow international students to enroll in online programs.