Study Software Engineering at OC
OC has added a Software Engineering emphasis to our computer engineering and electrical engineering programs. This is yet another reason why getting an EE or CE degree at OC is your Golden Ticket, and gives you an even greater competitive edge in your job search.
ECE is The Golden Ticket
In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the whole world looks for the five Golden Tickets Willy Wonka has hidden in his chocolate bars. But the Golden Ticket is in plain sight in college education: a degree in computer or electrical engineering. Why is ECE the Golden Ticket?
- The Job Market (Every tech company wants engineers - because they are trained to solve complicated problems. They also want engineers with software knowledge because the computer is the center of the workplace. A computer or electrical engineering graduate is exactly what they want!)
- The Career (Engineers get to work on new technology, and have many options to work on technology that helps people. They are treated with respect, and very well paid.)
- The Lifestyle (You will have a career that allows you to pursue your passions in life. Whether it's music, art, traveling, service or mission trips, as an engineer you'll have the time and resources to lead a full and meaningful life.)
- Best job placement (100% of our graduates are getting jobs).
- Hands-on curricula taught by experienced faculty.
- The only known electrical engineering program, and one of the few computer engineering programs, where you can get a degree with an emphasis in software engineering.
We're looking for bright men and women who want to develop the gifts God has given them and then use them to serve Him in a career that serves people. Make an appointment to come have lunch with us to discuss whether OC is a fit for you.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Computer Systems
- Data Communications and Networking
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- Systems Design
- All Courses
What I Can Do With My Degree
A better question is "What CAN'T I do with a degree in computer or electrical engineering?" Typical careers are in Aerospace, Computer/Software Development, Digital Television, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, New Technologies for Airplanes, Cars, Space Vehicles, Phones, Security Systems and Telescopes. Each year, IEEE Spectrum publishes a list of dream jobs that electrical and computer engineers do.
Changing Lives – Changing Life
We help students develop their talents as members of a Christian educational community so they are prepared to serve God in their careers as computer and electrical engineers.