An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will:
- Exemplify Christian principles of compassion, service, integrity, and respect for the well-being of clients, peers, and self.
- Synthesize critical thinking skills for professional nursing practice.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with clients and other healthcare providers to promote positive client outcomes.
- Provide appropriate and safe nursing care (clinically competent) to clients.
- Demonstrate a leadership style consistent with academic preparation while adhering to the standards of the nursing profession.
- Provide nursing care based on knowledge and appreciation of unique cultural variations.
Students must complete a minimum of 123 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 123 hours.
20 HOURS SCIENCE
- BIOL-1013 Principles of Biology I
- BIOL-2033 Nutrition
- BIOL-2523 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL-2623 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL-2624 Principles of Microbiology
- CHEM-1104 Introduction to Chemistry
3 HOURS MATHEMATICS
3 HOURS STATISTICS CHOSEN FROM
6 HOURS PSYCHOLOGY
60 HOURS NURSING
- NURS-1011 Introduction to Nursing
- NURS-2003 Health Assessment
- NURS-2013 Fundamentals of Nursing
- NURS-2033 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology I
- NURS-3013 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology II
- NURS-3014 Mental Health Nursing
- NURS-3015 Adult Nursing I
- NURS-3024 Maternal-Infant Nursing
- NURS-3025 Adult Nursing II
- NURS-3034 Healthcare Missions and Christian Service
- NURS-4005 Community Health Nursing
- NURS-4011 Capstone in Nursing
- NURS-4015 Child and Family Health Nursing
- NURS-4022 Issues and Trends in Nursing
- NURS-4024 Leadership and Management in Nursing
- NURS-4025 Adult Nursing III
- NURS-4033 Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
After admittance into the nursing program, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. For more information, refer to the Nursing Student Handbook.
University Core Curriculum
B.S.N. - 51 Hours - Courses May Not Be Repeated Within Core
COMMUNICATION, 9 HOURS
MATHEMATICS, 3 HOURS
REQUIRED BIBLE, 6 HOURS
- BIBL-1023: Foundations: Introduction to the Good Life
- BIBL-1103: Story: Introduction to Christian Worldview
BIBLE ELECTIVES, 3 HOURS
CAPSTONE, 3 HOURS
POLITICAL SCIENCE, 3 HOURS
AMERICAN HISTORY, 3 HOURS
GREAT WORKS, 3 HOURS
- ARTS-2013: Survey of Visual Culture
- ARTS-2423: History of Photography and
- ENGL-2213: Perspectives in Literature
- MATH-2123: The History of Mathematics
- MUSC-2013: Music Appreciation
- MUSC-2023: Jazz Appreciation
- MUSC-3213: Perspectives in World Music
SCIENCE, 6 HOURS
- One course must include a lab
BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE, 3 HOURS
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, 3 HOURS
STATISTICS, 3 HOURS
DEV PSYCHOLOGY, 3 HOURS