The Performing Arts Management major at OC will introduce students to the fundamentals of managing, marketing and fundraising for community arts organizations.
Students can tailor their degree program to pursue a particular artistic interest or capitalize on existing talents and skills.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Performing Arts Management will demonstrate:
1. Critically minded, ethical management skills.
2. Entrepreneurial self-initiative, especially towards the creation of arts based projects.
3. An understanding of community engagement and promotional strategies.
4. Basic skills in a foreign language.
5. Elementary application of consumer analysis.
6. Comprehensive understanding of artistic principles and performance.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
42 hours, minor required plus 6 hours of same foreign language
1. 12 hours common core
2. 18 hours concentration area
Choose 18 hours in one area as approved by your advisor.
3. 6 hours same foreign language
Take 6 hours of Spanish, Japanese, French, or German
4. 6 hours restricted electives chosen from