B.F.A. Gaming and Animation
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Program in Gaming and Animation prepares students to use emerging media for the purpose of game design, self-expression and experimentation. G&A Students will have a grasp of industry-level skills and artistic techniques including texturing, uv mapping, animating, and rigging 3D models, game level design, 2D animation techniques, audio production and interactive design.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Gaming and Animation will:
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to game design, animation, artistic expression, and storytelling.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of art history: genres, artists, movements, and practitioners.
- Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
- Demonstrate an ability to reproduce a visual impression/representation of form, substance, light, and shadow through figure.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 21 hours core
- ARTS-1103 - Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 - Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 - Figure Drawing
- ARTS-1413 - Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-2523 - Form & Communication
- ARTS-3523 - Illustration I
- ARTS-3773 - The Business of Branding Yourself
2. 12 hours art and design history
- ARTS-2423 - History of Photography and Motion Pictures
- ARTS-2433 - History of Gaming and Animation
- ARTS-3333 - History of Design
- ARTS-3353 - Contemporary Art
3. 33 hours gaming and animation
- ARTS-2243 - Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2403 - Digital Photography
- ARTS-2743 - 3D Modeling I ARTS-2743 - 3D Modeling I
- ARTS-3163 - Animation Principles & Practices
- ARTS-3173 - 3D Modeling & Animation II
- ARTS-3383 - Motion Imagery
- ARTS-3453 - Team Game Production I
- ARTS-4223 - Gaming and Animation Studio
- ARTS-4333 - Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4663 - Gaming + Animation Capstone
- COMM-2643 - Media Production