When can I apply?
- Applications are accepted in the summer and fall in the year prior to travel.
What is the deadline for applications?
- The deadline is usually mid- to late October. Check the current school calendar for the deadline.
How do I apply?
- Click here to access the online application.
Does it cost to apply?
- No, there is no fee or charge to complete an application.
What do I need for my application?
- The application will ask for personal information as well as three references. You will need to provide names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses for three different references. It is very important that you get all of this information correct, especially the email address. One of these references must be a school reference (a high school reference is fine if you are a freshman) plus one church reference and one other reference (not a peer or family member).
Do I need to have my references write a letter on my behalf?
- No, just provide all of their contact information. A form will be emailed to them that they will complete and submit.
What if my reference doesn't have an email address?
- Then you must choose a different reference. You must choose someone that has access to email and will be able to complete the online form.
When will I hear back from my application?
- In late October or early November, you will receive an email from the faculty sponsor setting up a time for your interview. This will be the next step of the process.
When will I know if I am accepted?
- Before Thanksgiving, you will receive a letter letting you know if you are accepted.
What happens next?
- You will have until early December to complete your acceptance paperwork and pay a $500 non-refundable deposit. Once this step is complete, you will be registered in a one-hour seminar class in the spring prior to departure. This class is required for all study abroad participants except for HondruaServe and some Study and Travel courses.