NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 22, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Creative Marketing, the Web Developer is responsible for comprehensive design, development and maintenance of the University’s websites.
- 2+ years of experience in Web development or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, graphic design, or related discipline.
- Demonstrable skills at web development.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on MAC platform.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Maintain and support existing OC websites.
- Develop new OC websites.
- Optimize landing pages, forms and buttons to maximize conversion rates.
- Measure online marketing efforts with tracking codes and analytics data.
- Integrate social media, photo sharing, campus databases, etc. into OC websites.
- Collaborate with OC marketing team in campaign and branding efforts.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS), Text Editors, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with dotCMS and Apache Velocity templates (currently used by OC).
- Experience with mobile development (websites, iPhone, Android), server-side web languages (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.) or interacting with third part APIs (Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Pending available funding for this position, application review begin in September 30, 2016 and continue until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.