Opening Date for Hire: April 10, 2012
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 21, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruiting, the individual selected as Texas Representative will perform recruitment and admission activities to successfully attract quality students from the Dallas Fort Worth metro area to attend Oklahoma Christian University. This position will be located and operate full-time in DFW.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and two years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation. Preference given to candidates currently residing in the DFW area and/or the state of Texas.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families living in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals in an effort to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for applications, admitted students, and enrolled students.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and guidance counselors to promote Oklahoma Christian University in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs and major Church of Christ youth events in the state of Texas.
- Make individual visits to churches and high schools in Texas throughout the fall and spring of each year.
- Arrange and conduct individual meetings with prospective students and parents.
- Help organize group information sessions for prospective students, parents, youth ministers, and guidance counselors.
- Encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus and coordinate with Campus Visit staff to ensure the success of each visit.
- In cooperation with the Office of Alumni Relations, help mobilize alumni to support the university’s recruitment efforts in the area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University and Oklahoma City.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel throughout DFW and the state of Texas is required.
- Travel to Oklahoma Christian as necessary for training and designated recruitment activities and functions.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
? Health insurance
? 403(b) matching contributions
? Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.