Tenure-Track or Visiting Faculty in the Department of Psychology and Family Science
Position: Oklahoma Christian University’s Department of Psychology and Family Science seeks candidates for tenure-track or visiting, full-time positions. The department offers B.S. and B.A. degrees in Psychology, a B.S. degree in Family Science and a B.S. degree in Human Development Family Science. The department has an excellent record of graduate and professional placement, and achieved a 100% acceptance rate among the 2017-18 class who applied to graduate programs. The Human Development Family Science program is a certified Family Life Education program through the National Council on Family Relations.
Primary Qualifications: Doctorate in appropriate field preferred; ABD and masters-level candidates may be considered. Teaching experience required. Evidence of scholarship in field of expertise. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and committed to the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403 (b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Teach a full-time load, typically 12 credit hours per semester, to include a combination of courses that serve majors in the Psychology and Family Science department.
- Recruit, retain, and mentor students majoring in the department’s various programs.
- Course assignment will vary depending on the successful candidate’s specific area of expertise and could include courses in human development, family theory, family law and policy, social psychology, general psychology, or other areas in the department.
- Advisement of students within the major.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred)
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.