Student Activities Coordinator
Opening Date for Hire: August 19, 2013
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 28, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
The Student Life Office is looking for a Student Activities Coordinator that will report to the Associate Dean of Student Life. This position is a full-time position of 40+ hours each week with flexible office hours that will include some evenings.
To manage and organize the Student Government Association, social service clubs, and student organizations on campus.
- Coordinate the social club rush
- Coordinate club sign ups and transfers
- Coordinate the student side of Homecoming (assist and supervise homecoming director)
- Assist in maintaining ICC budget
- Maintain all club rosters
- Communicate pertinent club information to club sponsors
- Advise club presidents
- Maintain a current list of all other student organizations along with their sponsors and officers
- Recognize and communicate issues/problems with clubs to the Dean of Students
- Track and approve all club activities and printed materials
- Attend weekly ICC meetings
- Attend SGA meetings
- Manage special projects assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Life
- Be active in other Student Life functions
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent rapport with students and coworkers
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict within student organizations
- Ability to manage a budget
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Time management and organizational prowess
- Oklahoma Christian University Alum preferred
Individuals wishing to apply should submit an application and resume to: Karen Sorensen, Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org