NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 22, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Spiritual Life/Ethos Assistant
Position: Reporting to the Director for The Ethos Project and the Campus Minister, the individual selected will provide administrative support and some ministerial assistance to the Spiritual Life office.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working with college-aged students, basic technical and organizational skills. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Data input/management of the Ethos application
- Populate Ethos calendar with relevant events
- Organize an approval committee for Ethos event proposals
- Help in developing a bible study curriculum library
- Lead at least one bible study per semester for OC students
- Assist in training meetings for student ministry leaders
- Budget management and credit card reconciliation
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, able to work with IT department to manage basic Ethos application tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- .Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins June 23, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and completed OC Employment Application to HR Assistant Lisa Jones, at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.