NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of February 11, 2019, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: The University is seeking candidates for the position of Network Administrator. This position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of network systems, applications, security, and configurations within the university network infrastructure. The Network Administrator also ensure that network systems and related procedures adhere to University standards. This position reports to the Chief Technology and Campus Operations Officer. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Networking and Telecommunications, or a related field of study.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a network administrator role or similar.
- Experience with common network CLI’s, switching, wireless, VPN, and Next-Gen Firewalls is required.
- Experience with Aruba wireless controllers, Aruba Clear Pass, Aruba AirWave and Aruba/HP switches is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ
- Planning, design, installation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to operating policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades.
- Troubleshoot routine and non-routine network performance issues working directly with other University support teams and vendors.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, network mapping, business continuity, processes and operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems.
- Conduct research on network products, services and standards to stay current with industry standards.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Expert knowledge of physical and logical connectivity including but not limited to, routing and routed protocols, wireless networks, firewall operations, load balancer and SNMP.
- Must be considered expert with interpreting packet captures with tools including but not limited to, Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.
- Advanced expertise with a wide variety of network vendor hardware and software including but not limited to Aruba, Fortinet, Cisco, and HP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resourcefully utilize available tools and resources to resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical documentation and diagramming.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May require after hours on-call support, to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins December 10, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.