NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of October 25, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: The individual selected as Graphic Designer (full-time position) is responsible for print and design projects to support and further the university’s brand. The position reports to the Director of Creative Services in the University Marketing and Communications Office.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or related field a plus. Social media experience preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Producing quality graphic design deliverables across all medium including print and web.
- Ensuring deliverables across mediums adhere to University branding standards.
- Delivering projects on time.
- Managing campus client relationships including meeting clients to clarify project requirements
- Assisting with University photography projects.
- Managing visual University social media accounts including Instagram and Snapchat.
- Cross training to serve as backup for promoting the university through additional social media outlets.
- Assisting with University video projects
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications team on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficient on OS X platform.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A spirit of enthusiasm and cheerfulness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the university's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Great team player with an ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Knowledge and use of social media outlets, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YouTube..
- Knowledge and use of Google suite of applications.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position may require occasional social media posting, photography, and attendance at events outside of standard office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins September 25, 2017, and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, links to social media accounts, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.