Faculty in the Department of Biology
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a potential tenure-track, Assistant Professor level position for the Biology department expected to begin in the fall semester 2017.
Primary Qualifications: Terminal degree in the Biological Sciences or closely related discipline. Individuals with significant progress on doctoral degree in Biology or closely related discipline will be considered. Appropriate proven history of scholarship for appointment at assistant professor rank. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required for tenure-track appointments.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Teach undergraduate courses in general biology, genetics, biochemistry and molecular biology, with additional courses to fill departmental needs.
- Developing and maintaining a program of scholarship
- Advising and mentoring undergraduate students which may include oversight of undergraduate research
- Serve on university committees
- Participate in department curriculum planning and assessment tasks.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin February 10, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, two letters of recommendation from academic or professional resources, one letter of recommendation from a church leader, a writing sample of your scientific work, and a statement of research/teaching interest to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.