NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of November 10, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Faculty Director of General Education
Oklahoma Christian University seeks a proven academic leader to provide direction and oversight for the management and assessment of the University’s General Education program. The director will maintain faculty rank and remain active in teaching and scholarship. The Faculty Director of General Education reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Primary Qualifications: Graduate credentials in a traditional general education field as taught at OC. Master’s degree required, terminal degree is preferred. At least five years of teaching experience in face-to-face and/or online venues, an understanding of best practices and literature of general education, and experience in university leadership preferred. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Coordinates with the deans in implementing all aspects of the OC general education curriculum.
- Monitors the development of new and revised GE courses and coordinates ongoing assessment with department chairs and deans.
- Teaches general education courses each semester.
- Chairs the General Education Committee of the Academic Affairs committee.
- Assists in the development of general education policies and procedures to include course development, program assessment, curriculum revision, student advising, faculty evaluation and training, and workload assignment.
- Observes and evaluates teaching within the GE program, including all rank or tenure applicants.
- Coordinates with the Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning and Deans Council to provide on-going General Education teacher development.
- Develops and monitors budgets associated with the GE program.
- Serves as a strong champion of coherence, faith, and meaning in OC’s GE programs with both students and faculty.
- Other activities as directed by the VPAA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching and curriculum development, well-versed in online and blended learning; particularly current in pedagogical research; and open to innovative and/or alternative pedagogies.
- Learning outcomes assessment.
- Ability to plan, manage, and bring to completion projects related to teaching and learning;
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially in a team-based administration to lead faculty, staff, and other groups with professional guidance and expertise.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent record of or articulate support for Christian higher education and/or the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile - Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins June 30, 2014 and continues until position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.