Early Contact Admissions Counselor
Position: Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, the individual selected as Early Contact Admissions Counselor will perform recruitment and admissions activities to successfully encourage quality high school sophomore and junior students to include Oklahoma Christian University on their college short list. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One or more years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales strongly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective high school sophomore and junior students and families.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals in an effort to meet weekly, monthly, and annual goals for inquiries, applications, and campus visits.
- Serve as campus visit host to high school sophomore and junior visiting families.
- Encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus and coordinate with campus visit staff to ensure the success of each visit.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and other influencers to promote Oklahoma Christian University in counselor’s assigned geographic territory.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs, churches, high schools, and major Church of Christ youth events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel required year round.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins September 27, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.