NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of March 2, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Director of the Institute of Risk Management
Position: The Director of the Institute of Risk Management is responsible for direct oversight of the Institute of Risk Management. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Business Administration and close collaboration with the Associate Dean of the College of business Administration; the faculty of the College of Business Administration; and the Chair of the Graduate School of Business.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Risk Management, Business Administration or related field and 5 years’ experience in Risk Management, Insurance, Business Continuity and supervision.
- Preferred Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution in Risk Management, Business Administration or related field and 10 years’ experience in Risk Management, Insurance, Business Continuity and supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Build and maintain a network of relationships with professionals and leaders in the Risk Management industry
- Assist in recruiting students for the Risk Management program by overseeing methodical communications with prospective students and being involved with the recruitment process
- Develop internship and employment opportunities with companies in the risk Management industry
- Develop a cadre of Executive Faculty members comprised of seasoned, high-level executives from the insurance, reinsurance and general risk management field
- Develop and maintain a specialized advisor board for the Institute
- Work with the dean, faculty and specialized advisor board to develop, adjust and update curriculum for the Risk Management major and develop other educational programming for the Institute
- Produce an annual Program Review report for the Institute
- Work with the dean and faculty to ensure the program remains compliant with ACBSP accreditation standards
- Work with the dean to support fund raising initiatives for the Institute
- Further the mission of the College of Business Administration by providing a challenging curriculum in the risk management program; develop community among the students, faculty, staff, and industry members; and doing all things to the glory of God and His son, Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities in a complex higher education environment
- Commitment to customer service
- Excellent relationship building skills with different departments, locations, and employees within the college
- Ability to interface with public and governmental agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven success in program development and management
- Ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Standard office hours 8:00-5:00
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins March 1, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.