NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of February 3, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Job Description: Assist in growing advertising in The Christian Chronicle.
Hours: Estimated 16 hours/week starting, with potential for increased hours.
- Invoice clients.
- Record incoming payments.
- Stay up on outstanding invoices.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports as requested.
Scheduling Classified Ads (most will be churches and other Christian businesses)
- Counsel current and potential clients as to what services we offer and what works best for them, their budgets, time restraints, needs. Our job is to offer solutions to their need.
- Ad creation. (InDesign)
- Ad placement. (website)
- Tracking ads, looking for renewals and offering a new plans of advertising.
Pursuing New Advertising Opportunities
- Create new accounts/update existing accounts.
- Identify new ad opportunities.
- Review church bulletins and other publications for sales leads.
- Friendly and warm personality.
- The ability to reflect empathy and compassion to clients.
- Willingness to visit by phone and communicate with current and potential clients.
- General bookkeeping skills.
- Attention to details.
- Willingness to research.
- Organization skills.
- Strong communication with counterpart.
- Mac experience recommended, but not required.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn: InDesign, Freshbooks, G-mail, Google Docs, Word, Excel (easily taught to someone with general computer skills)
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile - Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.
Interested applicants should provide their resumes to Karen Sorensen, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a Christian higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service. We are located in a small city recently named to many top-ten lists for vibrant culture, a growing economy, and many beautiful amenities. OC is known for legacies of excellence in many fields of study including accounting, where our CPA pass rate often has been the top in the state; engineering, with thirty years of ABET-accredited engineering; and many years of 100% medical school placement rates for our renowned biology programs. The University’s Honors Program has the highest per capita National Merit Scholars among sister schools and a leading percentage among CCCU campuses. The McBride Center for Public Humanities has been recognized by the National Endowment for the Humanities and supports exceptional humanities programs for undergraduates. Recent graduate acceptances include Stanford, Harvard (Law), Florida State University, University of Texas, and University of California Los Angeles. Our suburban setting provides easy access to internships in industry, healthcare, professional sports, and many other fields of endeavor in which the University is known for outstanding undergraduate programs. Our 200-acre campus is surrounded by beautiful walking trails and located fifteen minutes from a medical research center, world-class energy corporations, and unique arts and entertainment.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.