NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 14, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Texas Operations
Position: Reporting to the Vice President for Texas Operations, this position will perform a wide range of administrative and support functions for student recruitment, church relations, alumni relations, marketing, and advancement.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Administrative assistance experience preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Serves as the “voice” of the OC Texas office
- Office management; general clerical duties, arrange appointments, accommodates requests, answer, screen, and transfer calls
- Manage office budget, records, documents, files, office equipment and supplies
- Receive and direct guests
- Participate in planning sessions
- Handle mailings and correspondence
- Coordinate OC Texas office calendar
- Process petty cash, requisitions, credit card reports, reimbursement requests, etc.
- Serve as liaison in planning and execution of projects and key events
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition to advance OC’s image
- Exceptional office management skills; multi-task well
- Superior call handling skills
- Pursues excellence and is passionate to meet high standards
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical savvy in common software tools; Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates professional grace and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic; confident, self-starter, and able to work alone
- Resourceful problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable of OC and DFW/Texas
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Office in Las Colinas (Irving, Tx)
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Free access to fitness center
- Free parking
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins June 23, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter and completed OC Employment Application to HR Assistant Lisa Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.