NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of December 10, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant To The Executive Director Of University Services
Opening Date for Hire: April 4, 2014
Position: The responsibility of the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of University Services is to act as office manager, receptionist, and administrative secretary.
Administrative assistant maintains all records essential for the smooth functioning of the office such as organizing, planning and following through on all details, meeting all necessary deadlines, and preserving the integrity and sensitivity of the confidential nature of the office. Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director of University Services.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and previous executive or administrative assistant experience required. Administrative Assistant training or equivalent experience and at least two years as an assistant to senior executive in a significant institution is preferred. Candidate must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Provide complete administrative support to the Executive Director of University Services
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar – initiate and schedule meetings
- Manage the daily operations of the University Services Department
- Maintain campus deferred maintenance on Excel spreadsheet
- Work with University’s software program to generate and assign work order maintenance requests
- Receive, track and report Leave Request Forms for University Services managers and employees
- Provide administrative support to Director of Building Maintenance as needed
- Recording secretary for University Services weekly Directors meeting
- Scan invoices and record costs on various Excel spreadsheets for project tracking
- Receive and code invoices for Business Office
- Generate documents, correspondence and forms as required
- Physical Plant Liaison - tracking of physical plant requests, work orders, key requests, maintenance emergencies, etc.
- Welcome visitors and vendors
- Order office supplies
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Interact with all Directors within University Services (Campus Police, Grounds, Mail Room, Transportation, janitorial and Maintenance/Operations)
- Field all phone calls
- Distribute daily mail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational and time management capabilities.
- Computer literacy and skill with Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Google products is a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn additional software programs.
- Eagerness to take initiative and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
- Welcoming, friendly and servant attitude.
- Willingness to work under pressure with calmness and assuredness.
- Keen sense of integrity and a good team player.
- Self-confident and able to both accept and give guidance
- Desire to understand the needs, interests, preferences, and priorities of the Executive Director and of the office.
- Good judgment about what items need to be brought to the Executive Director’s attention and the urgency thereof.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins April 2, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should go online to www.oc.edu to fill out the OC employment application and submit along with a resume and cover letter to Lisa Jones, Administrative Assistant for Human Resources, at Lisa.email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.