NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of September 19, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant for the School of Education
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chair of the School of Education, the Administrative Assistant provides operational support to the school’s students, faculty and administration.
Primary Qualifications: Effective communication skills, including ability to operate in a technology-dependent environment. Strong organizational and clerical skills. Good interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain positive relationships with a diverse constituency of students, faculty and staff. College degree preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Maintaining current records for all students enrolled and admitted to the School of Education
- Verifying graduation and teacher licensure requirements
- Supervising and overseeing hiring of student workers in the School of Education offices
- Preparing course related material for faculty
- Maintaining faculty information – schedules, faculty load, professional development, evaluations, certifications, processing travel claims, etc.
- Assisting with university, state, and national reports – CAEP, Title II, State Department of Education, Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation, and Regents for Higher Education
- Maintaining the electronic “shared” files and Google documents
- Planning school of Education events and hosting on-campus and off-campus personnel (ACEPP conference, Cooperating Teacher Breakfasts, receptions, meetings)
- Inputting data from off-campus cooperating teacher assessments
- Communicating key information with candidates via email
- Keeping records and managing the School of Education budget and expenditures
- Performing clerical tasks to support the School of Education administration and faculty
- Organizing the annual Job Fair and luncheon (springs)
- Assisting with School of Education website updates (data, online assessments, information)
- Submitting faculty development requests to the COLA Dean
- Assisting the Chair with PACE assessment process (communicating with faculty and students, tracking student PACE data, saving files)
- Securing students’ State exam data and verifying roster reports with Pearson
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins September 14, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.