NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 29, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant for the RN to BSN Nursing Program
Position: This position will report to both the Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program and the Chair of the School of Nursing.
Primary Qualifications: Training or education in clerical/administrative assistant and administrative and supervisory experience required. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Assists and manages the RN to BSN Coordinators schedule, phone calls, and daily correspondence.
- Organizes and gathers information needed for specific projects overseen by the RN to BSN office.
- Prepares materials, as needed, for presentations on and off campus.
- Proofs and copy edits, as necessary, reports and academic materials.
- Communicates, on behalf of the RN to BSN Coordinator, to various constituent groups as necessary.
- Maintains student files and records
- Supervises work study students as needed.
- Organizes RN to BSN prospect records/files.
- Assists with budget tracking of RN to BSN program.
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Technical savvy in common software tools; Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent technical and profession writing.
- Great listening skills and ability to skillfully interface with other offices across the University
- Enthusiasm for task and willing to be open to meeting new people
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- 20 hours per week for the month of July, increasing to standard office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m beginning in August for twelve months a year.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 10, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and completed OC Employment Application to HR Assistant Lisa Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.