NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 4, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant for the College of Business Administration
Posted: July 11, 2014
Position: Reporting to the Dean of the College of Business Administration (CBA), this position will be a central part of the administrative team for the CBA.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Administrative assistance experience preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Generate documents, correspondence and forms as required.
- Communicates, on behalf of the College of Business Administration, to students and various groups as needed.
- Budget management and credit card reconciliation
- Work with Colleague, a database program, to enter course information, generate various reports and request purchase orders
- Plan and execute luncheon/dinner events for CBA clubs and students
- Organizes and gathers information needed for specific projects overseen by the Dean and other faculty in the office
- Prepares materials, as needed, for presentations on and off campus
- Proofs and copy edits, as necessary, reports and academic materials
- Supervises work study students as needed
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Computer literacy and skill with Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge of Google products is a plus
- Eagerness to take initiative and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 18, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled. Preferred start date will be on or before July 31, 2014.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should go online to www.oc.edu to fill out the OC employment application and submit along with a resume and cover letter to Lisa Jones, Administrative Assistant for Human Resources, at Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.