NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 11, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
The Administrative Assistant will work full-time in the fast paced, welcoming environment of the Office of Admissions. The Administrative Assistant should have a solid working knowledge of direct mail best practices and office processes and systems. The individual hired for this position will interact with students, faculty, staff, and the public. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team.
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of complex direct mail marketing, clerical, and project-based duties. The position requires an individual to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image. In addition to clerical responsibilities, the Administrative Assistant will also play a key role in the planning, creation, organization, prioritization, and execution of various direct mail marketing assignments. Candidate should be highly efficient, able to multi-task, and able to meet deadlines despite interruptions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a customer service ninja and a champion for helpfulness and encouragement in the Office of Admissions
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Admissions
- Manage the direct mail process for the Office of Admissions
- Process accepted student parent letter and student letter, certificate and packet
- Organize group mailings including printing and prepping for stuffing or mail house
- Print scholarship certificates for Spring Visit, Super Connect, auctions, senior award nights, etc.
- Receptionist duties to include:
- Answering Admissions Office phone
- Collecting and disseminating all office staff incoming mail
- Facilitating response for all incoming general office email (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Receive visitors as needed (assist Campus Visit Coordinator)
- Ellucian Recruiter technology functions to include:
- Data entry
- Update student prospect contact information
- Budget functions to include:
- Serve as liaison to Business Office
- Process petty cash for counselors
- Process travel checks for counselors
- Collect Visa receipts and assist office staff with Visa reconciliation
- Process PO’s for Admissions Office
- Assist Director of Admissions with additional budget functions
- Task student workers in regards to office support functions
- Assist with additional Admissions Office responsibilities and functions as needed
- Positive attitude and an encouraging spirit
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest
- Calm and assured under pressure
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination
- Circumspect with sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Good team player
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma and 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant with solid knowledge of office processes and systems, preferably in an educational environment. A college degree can substitute for the 3-year experience requirement.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review begins March 14, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and OC Application Form to Michael Mitchell, Director for Admissions email@example.com.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.