If you need housing over the summer, we have you covered! OC offers safe, convenient, and affordable on-campus summer living in the University Village Apartments, located in Phase 5, Phase 6 & Tealridge for students enrolled in either summer or fall classes, participating in a university-sponsored program, or campus job. Summer housing will not be offered in the Residence Halls or Phase 3 and Phase 4 due to different campus activities that take place over the summer.
Summer Housing Reservations must be made if you are staying after April 28th at 10 am unless otherwise specified from The Office of Residence Life. For example, if you plan to stay the night of April 28th, you will still need to complete a housing reservation and pay the appropriate summer housing fees.
Even if you don’t know your summer housing plans but think you might stay on campus at some point during the summer, we highly encourage you to complete a summer housing application. Please note, if you do not complete the application before the deadline of March 9th, your room could be reserved by another student.
You will not need to complete a summer housing application if you are…
- Graduating this semester, planning on transferring, or simply do not plan to return for the 2018 fall semester.
- Staying because of a University sponsored event and do not need housing past these event dates (approved events and move-out dates listed below). The Coach or Leader of your group must contact us to verify your name and association with the group to ensure you have access to your room. If you are participating in one of these groups, you will receive additional instructions from us via email (email@example.com).
- OKC Memorial Marathon: April 29th
- Softball: TBA
- Baseball: TBA
- Track / Field:TBA
- Chorale: TBA
- Nursing Missions: May 13th
- New Reign: TBA
- Summer Singers: TBA
- Admissions Camp Counselors:TBA
- SGA Leadership Retreat: TBA
*TBA (To Be Announced by Coach or Group Leader)
New This Summer!
- Storage: We do not provide storage anywhere on campus. If your items are not removed before Saturday, April 28th at 10:00 am, Residence Life will contact you via email notifying you of the left behind items. You will be given two days to come collect your belongings or be charged with a $100 improper check-out fee. If you do not collect your items within that two day period, the $100 fee will be added to your account and your belongings will be considered abandoned and they will be removed from your apartment and donated or thrown away within 60 days.
*Summer Housing: If you have applied to stay on-campus for the summer, you can leave your belongings in your assigned summer housing apartment during the sessions you have selected to live here over the summer. For example, if you only selected to stay Session #2 and Session #5, you will not be able to keep leaving your belongings in your room for Session #1, #3, and #4, as there could be someone else assigned to that room during those sessions. If you would like to keep your belongings in your assigned summer apartment all summer, you must select that you would like to stay "All Summer" on the housing application.
If your belongings are found in your room during a time frame you did not sign up for, Residence Life will contact you via email notifying you of the left behind items. You will be given two days to come collect your belongings or be charged with a $100 improper check-out fee. If you do not collect your items within that two day period, the $100 fee will be added to your account and your belongings will be considered abandoned and they will be removed from your apartment and donated or thrown away within 60 days.
- Apartment Options: Summer housing has been consolidated to Phase 5, Phase 6, and Tealridge. Due to campus activities taking place on-campus this summer, Phase 3 and Phase 4 will not be available for housing during the summer.
- Tealridge, Phase 5 & 6 Residents: No need to move! Complete the summer application before the deadline of March 9th and reserve your current bedroom for the time you select to stay on-campus for the summer.
- Phase 3, 4, and Residence Hall Residents: You will now be able to personally select your summer housing in Phase 5 or Phase 6! See “Reserve a Room” to learn more.
- Application / Cancellation Fees: If housing is reserved prior to the submission deadline(s), the $25 application fee will be waived. Similarly, if cancellations are made prior to the cancellation deadline(s), the $25 cancellation fee will be waived. See “Apartment Options, Costs, & Sessions” for submission and cancellation deadlines.
- Financial Aid: Students who are enrolled at least half-time in summer courses may be eligible to receive federal student loans, limited to the cost of attendance for summer. The cost of attendance is tuition, room, board, books, and some personal expenses. Students who are Pell Grant eligible may also be eligible to receive Pell funds in the summer for enrollment in at least half-time hours (6 credit hours for undergraduate students). Contact your Personal Financial Counselor (PFC) in the Financial Services office to see if you qualify.