Frequently Asked Questions

When can I move into my room?

Please access the school calendar for the date housing opens at the beginning of each semester. Fall semester housing opens mid August; Spring semester housing opens the Saturday that follows January 1.

How will I receive my mail?

Student box numbers are assigned to new students when you arrive on campus.

The Mail Center is located in the Gaylord University Center. There are a number of mail services available to students, including Next Day, Second Day, Certified, Insured, International and Parcel. Boxes, envelopes and other supplies are also available for package shipments.

Students living in the residence halls or off campus are assigned a mail box in the Gaylord University Center. Students living in apartments are assigned a mail box in the Nowlin Center. To expedite mail delivery, please have mail addressed as follows:

U.S. Mail - letters and packages (except Express Mail)

Student Name-Box #____

Oklahoma Christian University

Post Office Box 11000

Oklahoma City, OK 73136-1100

Express Mail, U.P.S. and Federal Express

Student Name-Box # ______________

Oklahoma Christian University

2501 East Memorial Road

Edmond, OK 73013

 Can I stay on campus during the holidays?

Students are allowed to stay in campus housing over holiday breaks without charge. The only exception is Christmas Break. Students may make a reservation to stay during Christmas Break.  Since this period is outside the 15 week housing agreement, the additional fee of $25 per night does apply.  A deposit of $350 is required, and the nightly charge will be taken out of the deposit.  The deposit covers 14 nights, if you need to stay longer than that additional charges will be due. All personal property left by students in the apartment or residence hall rooms between any semester and holiday period is the sole responsibility of the student, and Oklahoma Christian denies any liability for any damage resulting from theft, fire, water or any other casualty loss during this time. If you have valuables, you should strongly consider removing these items from your room any time you are not on campus.

Can I bring a refrigerator and/or microwave?

You can bring a refrigerator no larger than 4 cubic feet and a small microwave. PLEASE NOTE: Only one refrigerator and one microwave per room in the Residence Halls, not one per student in a room. Contact your roommate to determine logistics.

What can I do if I want to move?

While we have tried to honor everyone's requests for rooms and roommates, it is impossible to give everyone their first choices. Opportunities for roommate and hall changes are allowed after the first week of the semester. All changes must be coordinated with your Resident Director. Students are allowed one room change per year without charge; however, there is a $25 fee for each room change after the one free move.

What do I do if I lose my key?

Most residents use their student ID to access their room. However, there are a few residential areas that have metal keys. These keys may not be duplicated.

Lost key: Contact your Resident Director to receive a replacement. There is a $50 charge for replacement keys. Locks will be replaced within two working days. All keys are to be returned at the end of the semester at checkout time.

Lost student ID: Residents in card access areas will need to get a new ID card from IT Services and take it to their Resident Director for encoding.

If you should lock yourself out of your room, contact a Residence Life staff member. 

Should I be concerned about the safety and security of my property?

Your room should be locked at all times. Do not leave cash, jewelry or other valuables in the open. Before arriving on campus, you should record the serial numbers of your personal property and mark all items such as TV's, stereos, cameras, etc., with your name and OC ID #. If you are a victim of theft, notify the hall staff and Campus Police immediately. OC cannot be responsible for theft; however, theft insurance is available.

Do I need insurance?

Since OC does not own the personal property of students, OC cannot obtain insurance to cover your personal property in case of theft or fire damage, etc. It is, therefore, your responsibility to see that your personal property is covered. You will receive information regarding insurance called "Student Personal Property Plan." You may view this information online by visiting the National Student Services, Inc. website.

What if I get sick?

Please be sure to share any health concerns with your Resident Director or Resident Assistant. We will do our best to make you comfortable and assist you.

If you are in need of non-emergency medical attention, Mercy Health Clinic (on the east side of campus) is OC’s on-campus medical clinic.  The clinic hours are Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm. You can contact the Mercy clinic at 425-6100 to schedule an appointment.

If you have an after-hours urgent need, contact your Resident Director.

Who do I contact in case of an emergency?

911 and Campus Police: 405-425-5500 are appropriate emergency contacts. For non-emergency Residence Life related needs, please contact your Residence Life staff.

Are there laundry facilities available on campus?

Yes. Front-load Maytag washers and dryers are available in all residence halls, Phase 5 & 6 apartments and Phase 3 & 4 laundry areas. The campus machines DO NOT require cash, however; you must be an Oklahoma Christian student to use them. We offer a program called Laundryview, which will allow you to check to see what machines are available from your laptop.

Will I have curfew?

All first-year students in the residence halls, except those that are 21 years or older, have curfew.

Sunday - Thursday 12:00 a.m.
Friday 1:00 a.m.
Saturday 12:30 a.m.


Are alcohol, drugs, tobacco or E cigarettes permitted on campus?

OC takes a very strong stance against such substances. The possession (opened or packaged) or use of any alcohol or illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia is not permitted on or off campus. OC maintains a totally smoke-free environment. Tobacco in any form is prohibited on campus.

For a full description of the code of conduct which students are expected to know and follow, please consult the Student Handbook.

What should I bring with me?

Must bring:

  • Linens, blankets, bedspreads, pillows ** Most beds on campus have extra-long mattresses (36”x80”).

  • Towels, washcloths and toiletry items

  • Mattress pad.

  • Alarm clock

  • Laundry items (soap, basket, fabric softener, iron and small ironing board)

  • Social Security card (original)

  • Driver's license

  • Your health insurance company name and your policy number.

Can bring:

  • "Plasti-tak" for mounting posters on walls

  • Radio, stereo (no large speakers)

  • Printer to go with your laptop

  • Small TV, cable cord, student lamp and personal articles.

Can NOT bring - these items are strictly prohibited:

  • Pets

  • Halogen or lava lamps

  • Darts or dart boards

  • Weapons of any kind, even toy weapons

  • Firearms, guns of any kind, even toy, pellet, BB and paintball guns

  • Ammunition

  • Explosive agents (including fireworks)