We are excited for you to join the OC family and we welcome you to Residence Life. In order to reserve your bed for the upcoming semester, you will need to follow our simple three-step process.
Reserve Your Housing In Three Simple Steps
- Be ADMITTED to OC.
- Pay the $250 enrollment deposit.
- Complete the housing application. Your housing application will be available 48 hours after payment has been made.
- Click Here to begin the housing application or visit https://signmeup.oc.edu/housing.
- Housing Login Information: Your login information will be the email address(username) and password that you submitted to Admissions when you first applied to OC. *If you do not remember that information please contact their office at (405) 425.5050.*
- Once logged in, select the blue Get Started button located on your home page.
- Complete Part #1 and Submit the housing application.
- Complete Part #2 of the application and create a roommate group , if applicable. *Completion of part #2 is not required.
- Receive an email from email@example.com stating that we have received and approved your application.
Fall Semester Applicants:
- Placements will be made Summer 2018. Our system will automatically assign students a room based on their housing preferences and roommate group (if applicable).
- Receive housing assignment and roommate information in July.
Spring Semester Applicants:
- Placements will be made Winter 2017. Our system will automatically assign students a room based on their housing preferences and roommate group (if applicable).
- Receive housing assignment and roommate information in December.
How Does The Housing Selection Process Work?
In order to create less stress for our incoming students, Residence Life has created an efficient, hassle-free process that allows the student to select the area they wish to live in and their roommate all within one simple application!
This system is set up to automatically place students in a room based on the housing preferences selected within their housing application. The system will then look at whether the student has a roommate group created, then ensure that roommate group is placed together.
What if you don't have a roommate? No worries! Our system allows you to search for students whose profiles are similar to yourself and then send them a roommate group invite. If you don't feel like looking for a roommate, we will do the work for you! By using the "Matching Profile" answers located within the housing application, our system is able to use that data to match you to a roommate with similar interests.
*Please Note: While we want to honor your housing preference, we cannot guarantee the room availability in a building. Housing placements are assigned based on housing application submission date (not the admissions application). For example, if a student submits a housing application in October 2017 and another student submits a housing application March 2018, the October application will be placed first.
Helpful Housing Guide
- Do you have someone you are wanting to room with this fall? Learn how to create a roommate group, by clicking here. Please note that the deadline to create a roommate group is June 31st.
- Have additional housing questions? View our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Curious as to when you will move in for the fall? Check out our Important Dates page.
- Learn more about our Freshman Residence Halls or our Living Learning Communities.
- Having trouble completing the housing application? Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application.
- Need to know where to have your mail sent? http://www.oc.edu/services/housing/frequently-asked-questions.html for specific Mail Room information.
- Needing to know what to pack? Check out our College Packing Checklist or OCM's Linens and Bedding site for discounted bedding and dorm room furnishings.