Welcome to Your OC Home!
- Housing will open for all students beginning Saturday, August 18th at 8:00 am.
- We highly recommend all new and incoming transfer students attending Earn Your Wings move into housing on Saturday, August 18th. This time is a wonderful opportunity to meet the housing staff, get settled into your new room, and be involved in the day's activities!
Dates, Times, & Check-In Locations
Residence Life staff will be available during the specified dates & times below to check you into your housing assignment. In order for you to be prepared for the semester and gain access to your room or apartment, it is required that you check in with our Residence Life staff no later than Sunday, August 26th at 5:00 pm. Whatever your situation, please make arrangements to check-in during one of the following times.
Checking In: Saturday, August 18
All students can begin moving in on this day! It is recommended that all freshmen and transfers attending EYW move in on this day.
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (No appointment necessary)
Location: Garvey Center
Check-in Process: Upon your arrival August 18th, go directly to the lobby area in the Garvey Center to begin the housing check-in process. Here you will be greeted by our Faculty, Staff, and OC friends. You will then be directed to your specific check-in area within Garvey where you will be given your housing move-in details and gain access to your room.
- Arrive at the Garvey Center between 8 am - 5 pm for check-in.
- Be directed to your specific check-in area within the Garvey Center.
- Complete any unfinished housing paperwork, if needed.
- Gain key card or key access to your room.
- Meet your Residence Hall Staff in the lobby area of your building.
- Be directed to your room or apartment.
- Complete your online room condition form.
Please note that only those checking in on August 19th, will check in at the Garvey Center. If you are checking in at any other date, please see the additional check-in dates listed below.
Checking In: Sunday, August 19th - Sunday, August 26th
- Sunday, August 19: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (No appointment necessary)
- *Monday, August 20 - Friday, August 24 (By appointment only). Contact your staff to make arrangements.
- Saturday, August 25: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (No appointment necessary)
- Sunday, August 26: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (No appointment necessary)
Please Note: While we guarantee our staff’s availability during the dates and times, we cannot guarantee their availability outside of these time frames. Starting August 20th, our housing staff will be participating in training and various campus activities and their availability will be very limited outside of these dates and times. If you have an emergency or conflict arise and are unable to move in during one of these designated dates, please contact the housing staff in your area right away to discuss other check-in possibilities.
Check-In Locations: Gunn-Henderson, Davisson, Tinius, Fails, Warlick, University House, Wilson
- Arrive at your specific building's main lobby. Residence Life staff will be available in the main lobby’s ready to check you in and show you to your room.
Check In Location for: Phase 3 & 4
- Students living in these apartments should check-in with Residence Life staff in the Nowlin Center.
Check In Location for: Phase 5 & 6
- Students living in Phase 5, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D, or 6E should check-in with Residence Life staff at the Phase 6 Community Center.
Check In Location for: Tealridge
- Students living in Tealridge should check-in with Residence Life staff in the Tealridge main lobby.