If you are enrolled for spring classes and living on campus for the spring semester, you may leave your personal belongings in your room. You will receive specific check-out instructions from your RD in December, which will provide additional information on what can remain and what will need to be removed from your room over the break.
Christmas Housing Reservations
(December 16th - January 5th)
If you are needing to stay in University Housing during Christmas Break, we have you covered!
It is not required that you stay the entire break and you will be able to select the specific days you need to stay within the application. As there will be no late check-outs or early check-ins during Christmas break, any time past 10:00 am December 16th or before January 5th, will require a Christmas housing reservation. For example, if you plan to stay the night of December 16th or January 6th, you still need to complete a housing reservation and make the daily payment of $25 for your stay.
By following the steps below, it will ensure your room is reserved over Christmas break.
- Complete the online Christmas Housing Application by selecting the "Make a Reservation" link below. Note, the deadline to make a Christmas Housing Reservation is Friday, December 8th.
- Receive email confirmation and approval from Housing and Financial Services.
- Make Christmas Housing payment(s) online via your student account. Note, charges must be paid by Tuesday, December 12th.
- Complete end of semester check-out procedures with your Resident Director.
- Stay in your room for the selected number of days you requested for Christmas Housing.
*Please Note: Charges not paid by Tuesday, December 12th date will result in a cancellation of reservation.
Christmas Housing Charges
Application submitted before December 8th
- Christmas Housing Charge: $25 per day or a maximum charge of $350 for the whole break. Application fee is waived.
Application submitted after December 8th
- Christmas Housing Charge: $25 per day + $15 application fee
Residence Life strongly encourages students to apply early or prior to the deadline of December 8th. Early registration guarantees:
- Application fee ($15) is waived
- Application will be processed
- Reservation and access to current room, if approved by department.
If Christmas housing application is submitted after the deadline of December 8th:
- A $15 application fee will be applied
- Application may not be processed due to limited time frame
- Reservation and access to current room cannot be guaranteed.
Please note: Approval from Residence Life and Financial Services is required before a student will gain access to their room.
Reserve Your Christmas Housing Today!
Christmas Housing Frequently Asked Questions
No problem! The first week of December, you will receive additional information from your Resident Director about how to checkout for Christmas break. Please be watching for that information!
Yes, we understand that last minute plans arise and we are happy to accommodate you. However, due to the limited processing time, a $15 application fee will be added to your Christmas housing charge.
Yes, if you submit your Christmas housing application prior to December 8th, there are several benefits:
- The $15 application fee will be waived.
- We can guarantee your room reservation and access to your room.
The Cafeteria, as well as, the on campus Chick-fil-A and Alfredo's will be closed during Christmas break. They will re-open in January at the beginning of the spring semester.
Fall semester housing closes Saturday, December 16 at 10:00 am. Housing reopens Saturday, January 6 at 8:00 am.
If you plan to stay in on-campus housing at any point during this time, you must complete a Christmas Housing Application.
Christmas Break Dates: December 16th - January 5th
Normal curfew expectations and University guidelines still apply. Visitors and opposite gender guests are not permitted during the break.
You will be able to select which days you need access to housing on the housing application. You will only be charged for the days that you select. Be careful to select all the days you need housing, as you will only have access for days selected.
Students who have reserved Christmas housing:
Yes, your student ID will give you access to your housing area.
Students who have not reserved Christmas housing:
No, you student ID will not work over Christmas break. If you need access to housing during the break, you must complete the Christmas housing application on or before December 8th.
There will be $25.00/day charge placed directly on your student account for each day you select. Payment for Christmas Housing must be made by Tuesday, December 12th, 2017. If payment is not received by December 12th, your Christmas housing reservation and charges will be canceled
In case of an emergency, suspicious activity, or safety concerns, please contact Campus Police: (405) 425.5500. For other housing issues or concerns, please contact your Resident Director.
- Log in to MyOC or Click Here.
- Search for "Christmas Break Housing Reservation 2017" under "Services.
- Complete the form. Submission deadline is Friday, December 8th.
- Pay the Christmas housing charge on your student account by Tuesday, December 12th.
University housing opens for the spring semester Saturday, January 6th at 8:00 am. There are no early move-in's.
To move in prior to January 6th, you will need to complete the Christmas Housing Reservation Application prior to December 8th.
Yes, your spring semester assignment will be the same as your fall assignment.
If you are not staying over Christmas break, you will still be allowed to leave your belongings in your room. You will receive end of semester check-out instructions from your Resident Director (RD) early December.