Outside Scholarships

We recommend that you start searching for outside scholarships your junior year in high school. Following is a list of places to aid your search for outside scholarships.  When we hear about an outside scholarship we believe will help someone, we post it to our Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/OCfinancialservices or Twitter @OC_FinancialAid.

Scholarship Search Engines

  • Saltmoney.org - SALT is a software tool provided to all OC students.  Along with a powerful job search, financial education, and debt management tools, SALT also provides a robust scholarship search engine.
  • FastWeb.com - FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free. Oklahoma Christian University is a proud FastWeb member school.
  • Cappex.com - Claims to have the largest database of private scholarships
  • Goodcall.com - Their scholarship database lists over $40 billion in scholarships.  Use their "scholarship matching platform" to find those scholarships that closely align with your student profile.
  • Sallie Mae Scholarship Search Engine - provides access to 3 million scholarships offering up to 18 billion.
  • Finaid.org - The Financial Aid Information Page provides links to sources of information about student financial aid. It is maintained by Mark Kantrowitz, author of The Prentice Hall Guide to Scholarships and Fellowships for Math and Science Students, as a service to students and universities.
  • Fedmoney.org - Scholarship lists and informational books on multi-cultural awards.
  • Gates Millennium Scholarship Program

Local Non-profit Organizations

  • Look for scholarships locally and within your community.  Start with organizations such as Kiwanis, Jaycees, and Rotary Clubs.  Also, check with high school booster clubs.

Veteran's Programs

  • Assistance is available to veterans who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces for more than six months of active duty. Students should check with their regional Veterans Administration office. Disabled veterans are handled on a separate program by the VA. To assist disabled veterans in receiving additional benefits, the Veterans Administration has set up a counseling program. Children of veterans may be eligible for some benefits. Students should check with the VA office to determine if they qualify as a war orphan or as a child of a veteran. You may call 1-800-827-1000 at any time if you have questions or contact Jessica Thompson at 405-425-5206 or jessica.thompson@oc.edu.