The Church Enrichment Grants (CEG) are designed to help fund ministry events that directly contribute to the spiritual vitality of a cappella churches of Christ in the Pacific Northwest. Examples of possible events include ministers seminars, regional workshops and programs, Christian college fairs, men’s ministries, youth programs, singles ministries, Christian camping, etc.
Events eligible to receive a Church Enrichment Grant must meet the following criteria:
- Events must benefit multiple congregations (at least 5).
- Events must be explicitly Christian in nature (not just “faith based”).
- Events must be designed to benefit a cappella churches of Christ.
- Events must be sponsored and administered by a member in good standing at a congregation affiliated with churches of Christ.
Note: Grants will NOT be awarded for events that only benefit a few congregations, are already receiving major funding from other sources, or focus primarily on societal improvement.
Successful application packets must include the following four items:
- A clear explanation of the ministry event or program that includes its vision and goals.
- The proposal should clearly explain the nature of the event, where and when it will be held, and the target audiences (i.e. young adults, bible class teachers, average person, etc).
- The proposal should include the number of people and the number of churches that will be impacted by the ministry event.
- The proposal should also highlight how the event will benefit churches of Christ in the Pacific Northwest, and how no other event like it is currently being offered.
- A line-item budget for the event. Please indicate:
- Expected expenses for the event or program.
- Other anticipated sources of revenue for the event (such as fees, individual congregational support, etc) and how the request fits into the revenue budget.
- Which congregation or established non-profit organization will serve as custodian of any grant funds.
- A one paragraph biographical sketch of the applicant and co-applicants indicating qualifications for successfully conducting the event. Be sure to include all relevant contact information.
- One letter of reference from the applicant’s current eldership (or recognized church leadership) indicating his/her good standing in the congregation. The letter should also indicate that the congregation will agree to oversee the funds distributed for use in putting on the event.
Only complete application packets will be considered.
Address for Submissions
Application packets should be submitted electronically to NWEF@oc.edu with the phrase “Northwest Endowment Fund - Church Enrichment Grants” in the subject line.
Deadlines and Notifications
The deadline for applications for the 2016 funding cycle is March 11, 2016. Grants will be awarded and applicants notified by May 30th.
The Northwest Endowment Fund (NWEF) is a legacy of Cascade College and Columbia Christian College created by Oklahoma Christian University in 2009. It comprises the former endowed scholarship funds of CC and CCC, now designated to provide scholarships to OC students from the Pacific Northwest. A portion of the funds are reserved for strengthening churches in the NW and providing travel stipends to assist students in attending other church of Christ colleges. A NWEF board consisting of members of the church located primarily in the NW determines the awarding of church enrichment grants and student travel stipends.