Consumer Information

Availability of institutional and financial aid info – (FERPA)

Excerpt from Student Handbook:

FERPA - Privacy Rights of Parents and Students: Public Law 93-380, as It Relates to OC

OC complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a Federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student's educational records.  The law applies to all schools which receive funds under any program of the U.S. Department of Education.  Students can request a complete copy of FERPA regulations from the Office of Student Life.  FERPA affords students (former and current students) certain rights with respect to their “educational records”.

A.             Inspect Records

Students have the right to inspect and review all school maintained educational records within 45 days of the University’s receiving such request.  All student records are kept in the Office of the Registrar, except financial records (kept in the Business Office) and student conduct records (kept in the Office of Student Life).  The student should submit to the Registrar, Dean of Students, Controller, or other appropriate university official a written request that identifies the requested record(s).  If the university official who received the request does not maintain the record(s), that official shall advise the student of the correct office.  The university official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.  The University is not required to provide copies of materials in educational records unless it is impractical or impossible for the student to inspect the record(s).  The University shall charge a fee for copies which shall be $0.10 per copy. 

B.             Corrections

Students have the right to request that the University correct records believed to be inaccurate or misleading.  The student should write the university official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record he or she wants changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.  If the University decides not to amend the record, the student is notified and advised of the right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.  After the hearing, if the University still decides not to amend the record, the student has the right to place a statement with the record commenting on the contested information in the record.

C.              Releasing Information

The University must have written permission from a student before releasing any information from the student's record.  However, FERPA allows the University to disclose records, without consent, to the following parties: (NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list.)

  • University officials with legitimate educational interest
  • Parents of students claimed as IRS dependents, upon proof of such status,
  • Other schools to which a student is transferring
  • Certain government officials in order to carry out lawful functions
  • Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student
  • Organizations conducting certain studies, or providing services, for the University
  • Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes
  • Accrediting organizations
  • Individuals who have obtained court orders or judge signed subpoenas
  • A parent or legal guardian regarding a student's violation of any law or institutional rule or policy concerning alcohol or drugs if the student is under 21 years old and the institution determines that the student has committed a disciplinary violation
  • Persons who need to know in cases of health and safety emergencies
  • State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific state law

OC considers a school official a person employed by the University in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff), a person or company with whom the University has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, collection agent or other service provider), a person serving on the Board of Trustees or a student serving on an official committee such as a disciplinary committee or assisting another University official in performing his or her tasks.

Directory information is normally released without student consent. If a student does not wish such information to be made public, he or she can fill out a request form available in the Office of Student Life during the 1st 2 weeks of classes.  Directory information is defined as: "information that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed," including, but not limited to, "the student's name; address; telephone listing; electronic mail address; photograph; date and place of birth; major field of study; grade level; enrollment status (e.g., undergraduate or graduate, full-time or part-time); dates of attendance; participation in officially recognized activities and sports; weight and height of members of athletic teams; degrees, honors and awards received; and the most recent educational agency or institution attended." 

D.             Filing a Complaint

Students have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by OC to comply with the requirements of FERPA.  

The FERPA office:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605

(202) 260-3887 (voice) / 1-800-877-8339. (TDD Federal Information Relay Service)


Financial Aid Information 

College Navigator Website

Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities –

Student Body Diversity

Price of Attendance

Net Price Calculator -

Refund Policy Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Financial Aid

Textbook Information

Academic Programs

Transfer of Credit Policies




Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions - 


Summary of Civil and Criminal Penalties for Violation of Federal Copyright Laws

            Copyright infringement is the act of exercising, without permission or legal authority, one or more of the exclusive rights granted to the copyright owner under section 106 of the Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United States Code).  These rights include the right to reproduce or distribute a copyrighted work.   In the file-sharing context, downloading or uploading substantial parts of a copyrighted work without authority constitutes an infringement.

            Penalties for copyright infringement include civil and criminal penalties. In general, anyone found liable for civil copyright infringement may be ordered to pay either actual damages or “statutory” damages affixed at not less than $750 and not more than $30,000 per work infringed.  For “willful” infringement, a court may award up to $150,000 per work infringed.  A court can, in its discretion, also assess costs and attorneys’ fees.  For details, see Title 17 United States Code, Sections 504, 505.

            Willful copyright infringement can also result in criminal penalties, including imprisonment of up to five years and fines of up to $250,000 per offense.  For more information, please see the website of the U.S. Copyright Office at


Teacher Preparation Program

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program

Excerpt from Student Handbook:

Substance Abuse

To protect the safety and well-being of our students, the University takes a very strong stand against the possession, use or distribution of alcohol and illegal drugs.  Due to the addictive nature of these substances and the often-tragic consequences of their use, OC has adopted a no tolerance policy towards alcohol and illegal drugs.  The possession, use or distribution (both on campus and off campus) of these substances or related paraphernalia is punishable by suspension.  OC will cooperate with local, state or federal law officers in investigations of the illegal possession, use or distribution of these substances.


  • If a Resident Director, Director of Residence Life, or Dean of Students determines that it is reasonably likely that a student has been using alcohol he or she can request the student to take an alcohol breath test. 
  • If it is determined that it is reasonably likely that a student has used illegal drugs, the student is required to participate in drug testing off campus. 
  • Students are responsible for paying for drug tests if the test results are positive. 
  • Tampered specimens are automatically considered a positive test with the student also held accountable for attempting to deceive the University.  Refusal to submit to testing for alcohol or drug use is grounds for suspension. 
  • A student who is honest about alcohol or drug possession, use or distribution may potentially be eligible to remain at OC if the Dean of Students determines the student is performing satisfactorily socially and academically and is not likely to repeat a drug or alcohol infraction. 
  • In lieu of suspension, the following is required: a 10-week disciplinary probation, an alcohol/drug screening assessment to be completed within 5 days of the determination that a violation has occurred and a 6 session counseling program. 
  • The student assumes all costs for the alcohol education and substance abuse screening. 
  • This option of being able to remain at the University is granted only once during a student’s career. A second alcohol or drug offense will result in suspension.
  • A student with an alcohol or drug violation may be subject to random alcohol or drug tests during the probationary period with testing costs assumed by the student.
  • Failure to meet these or any other requirements set by appropriate university officials are grounds for suspension.

 NOTE: Counseling services are available at the Wellness Center for substance abuse and addiction.  A student may voluntarily seek assistance from the Wellness Center without being referred for disciplinary action.  Our 1st concern is for the well-being of students and getting help if desired.

Vaccinations policy –

Security Report, Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures, Timely Warning Reports, Crime Log, etc. –

Missing Person Notification Policy

Fire Safety Report and Fire Log

Graduation and Retention Rates

Completion/Graduation and Transfer Out Rates for Students Receiving Athletic Scholarships

Placement in Employment

Job Placement Rates

Types of Graduate and Professional Education Programs OC Graduates Enroll

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data

OK Voter

Find OC on: